by One Click Plants January 15, 2022 1 min read
Firstly, Happy New Year! We hope this year blesses you with health, wealth and happiness!
Although it is cold outside it is the start of a new gardening year so lets make your garden look the best it has ever looked this year!
1. Plant any bare root hedges, roses or shrubs providing the ground is not frozen or waterlogged at the time of planting.
2. Deadhead winter bedding to prolong flowering, Pansies, Violas and Primulas should be creating a beautiful display now
3. Whilst the weather is cold, use this time to plan the year ahead. Order any seeds or summer bulbs you may need. Plant sellers often have a sale in January so make the most out of any discounts which may be available.
4. Check that your winter protection is still working, tree ties and stakes may have been damaged in bad weather.
5. It is very important that you continue to look after wildlife that visits your garden, leave bird food out and de- ice bird baths.
6. Tidy up any perennials but be careful of any new growth
7. Conduct a general tidy up in the garden, put all your enthusiasm to good use! Let's look forward to a fantastic year in the garden